Okay, I’ll do this quick; else I’ll spend the entire day trying to come up with the perfect 8.
1. I am a terrible pack-rat. I keep everything. Everything. I have two 12x12x18 bins and 3 stuffed plastic handle bags of fabric scraps. Scraps that are no good unless you quilt with random patterned fabric that requires 1 inch or smaller squares. A (real) quilter, I am not. I come by it honestly though. A year ago my mom brought back a large ziplock full of (ready for it?) holey socks (and not the handknit sort!). She thought I could use them for rags, or stuffing or something. I didn’t even think a thing about it until my friend saw the bag sitting in my craft room & expressed her curiosity, and then very nicely informed me I was crazy.
I still have that bag (I swear I’m going to throw it out next time I find it, though!)
2. I often walk back & forth through the house trying to figure out what to do “next” and end up accomplishing nothing. This is very frustrating.
3. When I was “growing up” I wanted to be: a mama, a teacher, a writer, a waitress, and to work in a floral shop. I have been/am: a mama, a waitress & hope to start writing again some time. I still think it would be awesome to work in a floral shop though. I’d also love to own & run some sort of cafe with a large play area (in the center of the room?) with tables all around so mamas could eat out & the kids could have fun. There would be vegan, vegetarian & organic fare — no hotdog/hamburger selections. Platters of “munchies” would be a favorite with cheeses, deli meats (no nitrates!), pickles, raw veggies, wholesome dips, crackers… Yum.
Perhaps I’d also own the yarn store next door… 😉
4. I learned to knit less than 2 years ago and fell in love. I have sewed, played at beading, been obsessed with picture frames (that was my decorating scheme in my first apt… picture frame. I had 33 on the wall in my 12×8 attic living room). Knitting calms me, and centers me, if you will.
5. I have never succeeded in doing a real cartwheel. I have a secret fear of falling on my neck halfway through and either dying or being paralyzed for the rest of my life. I cannot bring myself to attempt any flips on trampolines, or visit a chiropractor more than once every few years when I’m in extreme pain & have geared myself up for it.
6. Very rarely do I spend $30 on anything “unnecessary” at any one time. I will, however spend $5 six times without a blink.
7. I am an optimist.
8. I obsess about the most ridiculous things. It took me over a week to think of 8 random things about myself. A week. Am I really that boring that I can’t think of 8 interesting things? Don’t answer that!